Monday, March 15, 2010

Lady's Fingers and Prawns

I really hate conveying messages from my mum to my maid over the phone.
Fine, I know I already hate a lot of stuff; but what can I say?
I guess I'm just an angry person.

Okay, back to the point.
What I hate is how she keeps on adding on stuff to her original message; and she doesn't even acknowledge that she's adding it on.
For example, this is what happened this morning (I'll highlight all the stuff she adds on):

*Phone rings at 10.30 (I wake up).*
Jaime: "Hello?"
Mum: *Voice of her talking to someone else and suddenly some uber loud laughter*
Jaime: "Hello?"
Mum: "Oh hi Jaime! Is Dad at home?"
Jaime: "Uhh, nope."
Mum: "Oh, okay, could you do me a favour?"
Jaime: "Uhh..."
Mum: "Okay, thanks!"
Jaime: "..."
Mum: "Could you help me tell Toon (my new maid) to steam rice for four people?"
Jaime: "Okay."
Mum: "Yeah, Aunty Siew Lan is coming over today, so it's You, Daddy, Mummy and Aunty Siew Lan; altogether four."
Jaime: "Okay, so I'll ask her to cook rice for four?"
Mum: "Yeah, cook rice for four people and fry the Lady's Fingers."
Jaime: "Okay...let me repeat, it's cook rice for four and fry the Lady's Fingers?"
Mum: "Yeah, cook rice for four, fry the Lady's Fingers with the prawns."
Jaime: "What? That's not what you said just now. So now there are prawns?"
Mum: "Of course! If not what is she supposed to fry them with?"
Jaime: "Ugh, okay. So it's: Cook rice for four people and fry the Lady's Fingers with prawns?"
Mum: "Yupp. Cook rice for four, fry the Lady's Fingers with the prawns and fry the eggs."
Jaime: "Whaat!? Could you make up your mind? There are eggs now?"
Mum: "Yeah, okay, could I just talk to Toon?"

Okay, so maybe I overreacted; but this happens every time!
And yes, this is the actual conversation; I seem to have this uncanny ability to memorise conversations that I have with people.

Oh yeah!
I went to the IT Fair yesterday, got a new mouse and earphones.
Yeah, that's it.

Haha, sorry for the bad colour choices, my screen is kinda messed up, so I can't see any greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment