Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Conversations and Presents

Mum: "You and Ko better go get something nice and thoughtful for us this year."
Jaime: "Oh what? So we're demanding presents now?"

Mum: "Yeah. It's necessary for people who don't care to think or bother."


Oh yeah. Thanks a bunch.

And what's my name again?
Heck, you're Catholic, so shouldn't you be trying to persuade me to go to church again to celebrate the real reason for Christmas instead of supporting it's pop culture counterpart?


Maybe I'm just being childish again.
I don't know why, but I asked myself the question: "Aren't parents meant to be taken for granted?" right after the conversation.

It's ironic, really.

Well, I could go on flabbergasting about all the reasons why she was unjustified to even give a statement like that, but I know she loves me.
It was probably just a slip of a tongue from the frustration she got from all of her present-less Christmases.

Or maybe it's just her being a woman again and not being able to control her emotions.


Heh, well, moving on.

I was at work today.

Gee, "what a surprise!", I know.

Haha, you see, the thing is that it was there, patient-less and somewhat bored that I remembered the reason I started my blog.
I remembered I started a blog so that people could see the thoughts that run through my mind everyday.
Yeah, that's it.


So in the next conversation, I'm gonna put my thoughts in brackets.
That way, you can see my thoughts!
Just like a panda!


I can still remember the first patient I had to register.
Well, not the person himself, but what happened.

Besides registering.

*Jaime sees a patient approaching his counter*
(Oh crap. Please not me. Go to the one next to me, come on. Please, please, plea...)

Patient: "Oh, hello!"
Jaime: "Hi!"

(Okay, I've got to smile now. Hah! He probably doesn't really want to say "Hello", just a formality so he can get what he wants without giving a bad impression of himself.)

Jaime: "Uhh, you're here to see a doctor right?"
Patient: "Uhm. Yeah."
(Oh my gosh. Stupid question Jaime, of course he wants to see a doctor. It's a friggin' Medical Centre, what do you think he wants to do? Buy a pet?)


Aww, dammit.

It's gonna take waaay too long to type this.

Haha, next time then.


I guess I've got to get one complete one to make up for the unfinished one above.
Okay, uhh, this is the first time I called out a patient.
Haha, I'm leaving out the name cause I can't really remember it.


Jaime: "Uhh..."

(Aww crap. Indian name. What now? How do you pronounce this? Oh crap. Is it a Male or a Female name?)

Jaime: "Uhh...Miss_______?"

*No answer*
(Oh, that's just great, just great.)

*Goes to supervisor*

Jaime: "Uhh, no one answered."
Supervisor: "Oh. Maybe you weren't loud enough."

Jaime: "Oh, okay. Uhh, MISS_______?"

(Dammit. What is she? Deaf?)

Supervisor: "Hmm, lemme try...MISTER_______?"
*Patient stands up*
Patient: "Yes?"
*Jaime sees giant "M" at the top right hand corner of name label*

(Oh f***.)


Yeah, I actually said a vulgarity in my head that day.

Woohoo! Long post!

No comments:

Post a Comment